New and traditional styling cues merge together in the 2008 Honda VTX1800N to create a bold and innovative custom cruiser.
Features & Benefits
- The VTX1800N is available in these exciting colors: Black (Spec 1), Dark Orange Metallic (Spec 1 & 2), Black / Black Custom Art (Spec 2).
- VTX1800N is available in two distinctive build variations: Spec 1 and 2.
- Beautiful neo-retro styling with cast-aluminum wheels.
- Rear fender rails feature a unique slotted design.
- Flangeless 5.3-gallon fuel tank offers excellent cruising range.
- Fuel tank features a pinstripe quality VTX icon for a unique, custom look.
- Flush-mounted double-chevron LED brakelight and taillight.
- Staggered dual exhaust with straight-cut five-bolt muffler tips.
- Fat 150/80 front tire on a 17-inch wheel gives the VTX a commanding profile.
- California model utilizes an electronic control unit (ECU) closed-loop emissions system with two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture while two exhaust catalyzers reduce emissions.
- Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin that hammers out immense power.
- V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
- Advanced technology Offset Dual-Pin Crankshaft (see Technology Section).
- The 41.4-pound forged-steel crankshaft uses bolt-on weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
- The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the V-twin design.
- Three-Valve Dual Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section).
- Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
- Easy-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
- ECU provides digital 3-D fuel-injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- A unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low 27.4-inch seat height.
- High-capacity radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- The engine's power is harnessed by a massive tubular steel frame and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
- Large 45mm inverted front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
- Dual chrome rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Linked Braking System (LBS™) (see Technology Section).
Engine Type: 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm inverted fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Front: 150/80R-17 radial
Rear: 180/70R-16 radial
Wheelbase: 67.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0°
Trail: 163mm (6.4 inches)
Seat Height: 27.4 inches
Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gallons
Curb Weight*: 804